Here are some tried and true before and after hair removal waxing tips. Following these tips will ensure that your waxing treatment is a positive experience and 100 percent effective.
“Before” Waxing Tips
- Wax adheres best to hair that is approximately ¼” long. Too short and the wax won’t adhere as well. Too long, and it will make the process unnecessarily uncomfortable.
- It’s important for you to come to the waxing salon showered and clean. If you can, take a warm shower just before your visit. That will open up the pores and make the waxing easier. Again, wax adheres best to clean hair.
- Don’t use any gels, lotions, or powder before your waxing treatment. They will interfere with productive hair removal.
- If you’re in your period, it’s okay to come in for a bikini or Brazilian waxing, as long as you use a tampon. However, experience has shown that the skin is more sensitive during menstruation, so you might want to wait until after that time of the month to schedule your appointment.
- Taking a couple of ibuprofens or acetaminophens 30-minutes before your treatment may help reduce the discomfort of waxing.
- Don’t wear skin-tight clothing over the area to be waxed as that can lead to skin irritation after your treatment.
- If you’re a first timer, don’t worry. Waxing may not be the most comfortable hair treatment in the world, but it’s not that bad…and it’s over really quickly.
“After” Waxing Tips
- Stay away from anything hot or heated for 48 hours after your waxing treatment. This includes hot showers, saunas, sunbathing, tanning beds, hot tubs, or excessive physical exercise. All these can cause painful skin irritation.
- Do not go swimming for 48 hour, as this too can cause red, irritated skin.
- Wear clothing that “breathes”. This will allow the skin to breathe too!
- Swear off any lotions, gels, deodorants, perfume to any area that you’ve had waxed for 24 hours. This will give your skin a chance to return to its natural state, without irritants.
- If you are having a Brazilian wax, we advise restraining from sexual activity for a day to prevent infections or skin irritation from occurring.
- You can start exfoliating your skin several days after your hair removal waxing treatment. This will help your skin stay silky and smooth.
Contact us now to schedule an appointment for your waxing treatmentClick Here